WE ARE OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
We like to be green here at Carapace so only accept submissions by email. Send your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the Submission Guidelines below.
We’re looking for writers who are writing contemporary commercial literary fiction – no genre fiction please, and no poetry or short stories (although we do have a prize for short stories – check it out here). We like quirky stories that bend, break and blend genres and are innovative. We’re looking for break-through, experimental literature and stories that haven’t been told, or are told in an original and refreshing way.
Please email your submission to email@example.com including two Word or PDF file attachments comprising:
- The first three chapters of your novel (that’s the first three, not your favourite three!) – please format this to Times New Roman 12 points, double line spacing, aligned left (unjustified)
- A single page synopsis
In your covering email please tell us:
- Something adorable / scintillating / fascinating / relevant about you
- Who you think your book is for
- What made you write it
- What else you have written
- Why you think it’s right for us
Once you’re ready, send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. We read everything we are sent and endeavor to respond within 6 weeks, but we can’t promise a personalized response to everybody. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!